In honor of this year’s Chinese New Year which began on January 28, 2017, I’m dedicating the 2017 Mandala of the Year to the Rooster. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the rooster to see how we can incorporate it into our own lives.
For Section 4 we look at the rooster energy of confidence.
Confidence is one of those conundrums where in order to have it, you have to have it. So here are some quick, yet effective suggestions:
- fake it ’til we make it
- act as if we are already confident — belief in the self can be quite empowering
- visualize it already happening successfully
- recall our past successes (big and small) to remind ourselves that “I’ve succeeded there, so I can succeed here as well”; tap into that “success” feeling/energy
- acknowledge the fear and do it anyway (I find talking with the fear helpful. Saying such things as “I probably will fall flat on my face or embarrass myself in some way, yet I’m going to try it anyway” or “I hear what you’re saying, duly noted; I’ll make sure I’m prepared as I move forward”)
- embrace all potential “failures” as opportunities to grow (sometimes finding out what doesn’t work — and our journey out of it — is more powerful than having something work out “perfectly”, we could miss out on some real gems)
“Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” ~ Marie Curie
Ponder this while coloring this month’s section of the 2017 Mandala of the Year.
The Mandala lady
Be sure to download/color the April 2017 Mandala of the Month.