In honor of the Chinese Year of the Sheep/Goat/Ram that began February 19, 2015, I’m dedicating the 2015 Mandala of the Year to the Goat. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the goat to explore how we can incorporate it into our own lives.
For Section 4 we look at the goat energy of resourceful.
At its basic level, being resourceful means having the ability to find quick and clever ways to overcome difficulties. Goats seem to have this natural ability for being resourceful. It may really be that they are just so determined to get what they want that they let little stop them, finding any means possible to overcome whatever obstacles are in their way.
This section of the mandala asks us to take a look at our resourcefulness when it comes to going after what we really want to do, be, or experience.
- Do we give up at the first sign of an obstacle?
- Do we limit our view of the situation that we forget to think outside the box?
- Do we limit our options by being so singularly attached to a particular outcome that we fail to see more and/or better opportunities?
- Do we allow ourselves to see a different perspective of the situation at hand, thus giving us a whole new view and a whole new set of options?
- Do we allow ourselves to ask for help…letting go of the idea that we have to do everything all by ourselves?
Coloring mandalas can help strengthen our creativity muscle in a delightful, inspiring way. As we play and explore different ways to color them, our creativity expands into all aspects of our lives. We become more resourceful, playing with ideas and our imagination…asking ourselves…”I wonder what would happen if I did ________ this way or that way.” When we can do this with coloring, we can do it with everything.
Just for fun, I’ve included this delightful video of a very resourceful goat. At about 50 seconds into it you’ll see just how determined this goat is.
Ponder this while coloring the April section of the 2015 Mandala of the Year.
The Mandala lady
Be sure to download/color the April 2015 Mandala of the Month.