Download 2016 MotY – Section 7
In honor of the upcoming Chinese New Year which began on February 8, 2016, I’m dedicating the 2016 Mandala of the Year to the Monkey. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the monkey to explore how we can incorporate it into our own lives.
For Section 7 we look at the monkey energy of compassion.
From Greater Good:
Compassion literally means “to suffer together.” Among emotion researchers, it is defined as the feeling that arises when you are confronted with another’s suffering and feel motivated to relieve that suffering.
While it’s generally easier to show compassion towards others, we tend to struggle with showing compassion for ourselves. When we go astray, make a mistake, or mess up, we usually beat ourselves up about it.
This month’s section encourages us to go easy on ourselves when we experience such “mishaps”. Remind ourselves of how we would treat others in such instances and apply that same care to ourselves.
Some basic self-compassion guidelines
- acknowledge what happened or is happening … it is what it is
- what, if anything, can be done right now to fix it
- what knowledge can we learned from this experience
- how can it be done better next time
- enliven our Spirit with affirmations, such as: “even though this happened, I love and accept myself just as I am” or “even though this happened, I know I’m okay” or “I allow myself to be okay with where I am and with what I am doing”
Ponder this while coloring this month’s section of the 2016 Mandala of the Year.
The Mandala lady
follow me on:
Be sure to download/color the July 2016 Mandala of the Month.