Download 2016 MotY – Section 10
In honor of the upcoming Chinese New Year which began on February 8, 2016, I’m dedicating the 2016 Mandala of the Year to the Monkey. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the monkey to explore how we can incorporate it into our own lives.
For Section 10 we look at the monkey energy of intelligence.
How often do we call ourselves “stupid” for something in reality which was just our lack of knowledge, ability, or experience?
Intelligence is defined as the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills. For me “stupid” (the “S” word) is recognizing that we lack said knowledge or skills and for whatever reason (usually fear-based) we forego doing anything about improving on that lack and thus keep repeating the same self-sabotaging behavior over and over again.
We then need to factor in any limiting beliefs we tell ourselves about our ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills.
Then we also tend to factor time into the equation of said ability, that because it may take longer than we think it should-could-would, that that somehow demonstrates our intelligence levels in some way. The fact is: it only means that some of us take longer and some of us take shorter — period.
So with all this in mind, some intelligent suggestions for us:
- stop calling ourselves the “S” word, use Silly instead; as in:
- “I have a silly question”
- “How could I be so silly?”
- “I am so silly”
- in those cases where we would normally use the “S” word, question it. Are we really “S” or is it a case of lacking knowledge or skill?
- if it truly is “S” (based on aforementioned definition), then explore any possible limiting beliefs or fears that keep us from learning or growing.
- if it’s really a lack of knowledge or skill, then take whatever steps we need to acquire it.
- adopt some supportive mantras to use while coloring this month’s section and beyond:
I allow myself to believe in my ability to acquire and apply new knowledge and skills with ease and grace.
I allow myself to recognize opportunities to learn and grow.
I allow myself to easily learn and apply new skills.
Ponder this while coloring this month’s section of the 2016 Mandala of the Year.
The Mandala lady
Be sure to download/color the October 2016 Mandala of the Month.
follow me on: