Download 2014: Section 5 (link fixed 5/4/2014)
In honor of the Chinese Year of the Horse that began January 31, 2014, I’m dedicating the 2014 Mandala of the Year to the Horse. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the horse to explore how we can incorporate it into our lives.
In Section 5 we embrace the horse energy of beauty.
We all know the phrase “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” meaning what may be beautiful to one person may be the complete opposite for someone else.
For this section, we define beauty as that which brings us great joy, it takes our breath away, it opens our hearts, and it often makes us stop what we are doing to take it all in.
We’re being asked this month to pay close attention to the beauty that’s all around us in our day-to-day lives, beauty that we often overlook or dismiss as we go about taking care of our busy-ness.
Take extra moments throughout the day to notice signs of beauty already present in our lives, like:
- a lady bug on a leaf
- a baby laughing
- children playing
- a dog running
- a building’s architecture
- cloud patterns in the sky
- a loved one preparing dinner
- a garden coming to life
- a cat napping
- an elderly couple holding hands
- a shop’s window display
- someone holding a door open for someone else
- fresh produce at the market
The more we notice the beauty around us, the more we open ourselves up to accepting our own inner beauty. The more we can see beauty in others, the more we can see it in ourselves.
As we color this section, along with being aware of all the outer beauty, also become aware of our own inner beauty. We can begin by answering such questions as:
- what about me gives me great joy?
- what about me makes my heart sing?
- what about me makes me proud to be who I am?
- what about me makes me feel beautiful?
- what can I do to better connect with my own inner beauty?
Ponder this as you color this month section.
Maureen, The Mandala Lady
Be sure to download/color the May 2014 Mandala of the Month.