In honor of the Chinese Year of the Horse that began January 31, 2014, I’m dedicating the 2014 Mandala of the Year to the Horse. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the horse to explore how we can incorporate it into our lives.
In Section 7 we embrace the horse energy of playfulness.
(25 examples in this video playlist)
The message for this section is quite simple: for our overall health and well-being…
- We must find time to play – to horse around
- Incorporate play into our everyday activities
- And when time seems to prohibit us from play, then find a way to do our “serious” stuff in a playful manner
#1 & #2 are self-explanatory. Here are some ideas for #3
- for women, wear playful jewelry or accessories (feather boas are particularly nice) with “serious” clothes
- for men, wear playful socks, tie, handkerchief, watch, jewelry, etc.
- add playful covers to tech toys
- wear a clown nose while driving (as long as you can still see clearly, of course)
- take a moment to do an energetic happy dance at work (in the office, cubicle, work space…or if that’s a bit intimidating…then do it in the bathroom or in the elevator…any place where we can easily (and comfortably) give ourselves a playful booster shot
- when walking, add a few skips…remember how to skip? (here’s another “how to skip“…love this lady!)
- listen to happy music or comedy albums
- wear a playful hat, tutu, angel wings, all of the above, etc.
- write with colorful gel pens
- color mandalas while attending meetings (this is my favorite idea). Contrary to popular belief (and yet scientifically proven) coloring/doodling while at meetings brings our creativity into play, making meetings more productive, giving us greater access to “outside the box” problem solving!
Feel free to share any of your ideas for being playful while doing serious stuff. I’d love to read them…and try them. 🙂
Be sure to play as you color this month section.
Maureen, The Mandala Lady
Be sure to download/color the July 2014 Mandala of the Month.