In honor of the Chinese Year of the Horse that began January 31, 2014, I’m dedicating the 2014 Mandala of the Year to the Horse. Each month we’ll explore a trait or symbol of the horse to explore how we can incorporate it into our lives.
In Section 8 we embrace the horse energy of intuition.
The horses are masters of intuition and powerful teachers in helping us become more deeply aware to ours and learn how to begin not only to recognize it but to trust and act upon it. – from Hillary’s post on “Horses and the Wisdom of Intuition” on the Epona Rise Retreats web site
In our western culture we place more emphasis on our brain capabilities than on our intuition. Very early on we learn to ignore our intuition and eventually stop trusting it.
This month’s section reminds us to value our intuition, improve on it, and to trust it more. All it requires of us is to practice using it and to learn its language. The more we do, the more we can trust it and thus gain access to guidance beyond our limited brain capacity.
Plan of Action
- Declare an intention to honor our intuitive self, such as: “From this day forth, I use my intuition more and more, trusting that it has my best interest at heart as well as the greater good.”
- To help learn the language of intuition, pay attention to our body signals and what follows. Whenever something happens, positive or negative, note where it is felt in the body? Is it consistent? For example, if the stomach or chest feels like it’s shrinking inward prior to something negative happening or when around a negative person, that may be the intuition letting us know that very thing. Or if the stomach or chest feels light and open that may be the body language of something positive. Other possible body clues: goosebumps, sudden shiver up the spine, tingling sensations in different areas of the body. For each of us it may be different.
- Learn to use a tool which will help connect us to our intuition, such as oracle cards, pendulums, energy testing, etc.
Using Intuition When Coloring
We can start using our intuition with the coloring of this month’s section. Spend about 15-20 minutes at a time for coloring. Here’s how:
- set up your space with the coloring tools of your choice spread out so that all the colors can be easily seen
- set an intention that you wish to use your intuition to color this section of the MotY as an exercise in learning to use and trust your intuition. Ask that it assist you in coloring this section so that you find it pleasing to you when you’re finish coloring it.
- pick an area in the mandala section that you want to color next
- now look at your colors, whatever color you notice FIRST, use that color…without question or judgement.
- repeat steps 5 & 6 as needed
- as you color, be aware of any insights that come to you
- also be aware of any new ideas that come to mind on how to color this section especially if they are different from the way you normally color…trust that thought and go with it.
Maureen, The Mandala Lady
Be sure to download/color the August 2014 Mandala of the Month.